Similar to the Regional Office structure, the Representative Office merely serve the extension of their head-office overseas and are not stand alone legal entities. A foreign entity may establish a representative office in Thailand to engage in limited non-revenue-earning activities. Under Thai regulations, the scope of activities is restricted to five categories only.
- Searching for local sources of goods or services for its head office;
- Checking and controlling the quality and quantity of goods purchased or hired to be manufactured in Thailand by the head office;
- Providing advice in various fields relating to products directly sold by its head office to local distributors or consumers;
- Disseminating information about new products and services of its head office;
- Reporting to its head office on local business developments and activities.